Company History

2page-img4

Matteson-Ridolfi was incorporated in 1932 by M.R. Matteson in the state of Michigan.  Throughout the decades, the company expanded its sales base through addition of the top raw material suppliers in the industries it serves.  From the early 1990’s until early 2018, the company was privately owned by the Westerbeek family, who continued growing the business with expansion of coverage into several other states throughout the Midwest and MidAtlantic regions.

In May of 2018, Peninsula Polymers purchased the assets of Matteson-Ridolfi, Inc.  The synergies this partnership brings will allow Matteson-Ridolfi to continue its long history of growth in its traditional area of coverage and provide Peninsula Polymers with an avenue to augment their sales objectives in these same regions as well.  Matteson-Ridolfi continues to represents approximately 30 chemical manufactures and covers several states, including Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and Delaware.

Our product line includes polymers, monomers, pigments, fillers, catalysts, surfactants, and specialty additives for the coatings, adhesives/sealants, plastics, ink, metal working fluids, cleaners, and pharmaceutical industries.

The company is a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), with certification under their Responsible Care Distribution program and also maintains in internal quality policy and program that is in the spirit of many international standards.

Our goal is to grow our product lines and build relationships with our customers and additional suppliers to provide complimentary raw material product lines for customers in our entire territory.